Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do I keep this from happening when I work out?

Everytime I do lunges or squats my knees crack everytime I go in to the lunge or squat and then after I finish my knees really hurt. I think I'm doing the right form because I never allow my knee to go past my ankles. I'm only 17, but could I have some serious knee problems? Should I stop doing lunges and squats? Are there any alternative xcercises?How do I keep this from happening when I work out?
Your knees aren't supposed to go past your toes - not ankles. You could try plies. It's kinda like a squat but your feet point out to the sides a bit.How do I keep this from happening when I work out?
Sharp pain could indicate an injury or strain, so always stop what you're doing and check with your doctor, if the pain doesn't go away. Also, if you have a diagnosed knee injury or strain, squats may not be right for you.


But, if you have healthy knees and are avoiding squats because you don't want injuries, you might change your mind when you learn that squats can actually strengthen the knees, if you do them correctly. Squats can also strengthen the hips, knees and ankles while targeting almost all of the muscles in the lower body. It's often bad form that causes knee pain during squats. One reason is squatting with the knees too far forward. It should be the glutes taking the brunt of your weight, not your knees, so make sure the knees stay behind the toes. Also, keep your knees in alignment with the toes. Twisting them in or out could place unnecessary stress on the joints. Practice your form and spend some time going through the motion to get a feel for your own strength and flexibility. Go slowly to keep the knees straight and see if that makes a difference in any knee pain you've been feeling. It not, you can try one of the other options: Wall squat, ball squat, chair squat, plie squat. And an alternative to lunges would be leg curls, leg kick backs and low lunges.
Next time you're at the gym or fitness center doing these exercises, ask someone who's obviously fit and knows what they're doing to watch your form and see what they say.





Its ok to let your knees go a little past your ankles, but getting someone else's opinion who can watch your form may help.





Good luck!
maybe stretching and bending over and touching ur toes should help and calcium too it helps to make bones strong and im not sure if u have a serious knee problem of course since im not a doc but maybe u just got arthritis or something and the only thing ive done is squats and hold squats but if u move ur upper body from left to right it might tone ur abbs
wow i have that same problem, since i was 15 and im 22 now. it's prolly that u don't have enuff support, meaning get better shoes that support you. and when your doin squats (witch i do 4 times a week) make sure ur not straining yourself. not to much weight on either side. (even it out)
Try reducing the weight and see if it still occurs, if it does, see a doctor..
You should talk to a doctor yes.
omg, Linsay lohan? HI!!!
go to freewebs.com/marisarox99 !

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection